Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Epiphany

This morning I was making my friend's recipe for a quick breakfast. In the future I shall refer to it as Brenda's Bomb Breakfast Bowl. It is tasty and easy, and has a good portion of protein. I was thinking about it will it cooked and that's when I had my "AHA!" Before I married in 2009, I joined Weight Watchers in 2008. It is a good program and it helped me lose about 45 to 50 pounds before the wedding. I had a goal and it kept my focus clear. After the wedding, I had gained 9 pounds over 2 weeks. It was discouraging and I couldn't get back on track no matter how well I tracked my points. Here is the epiphany: In the Weight Watchers economy, I was spending my points on "cheap" abundant carbs rather than the more "expensive" proteins. So I was almost always hungry. It's hard for me to keep to an eating plan when I know I will be hungry a good bit of the day. Now I eat more protein and healthy fat, and I am rarely hungry except at mealtimes, which is when I am supposed to be hungry.

This week I've added a little more time to my workout and it is kicking my tail, but in a good way. I realized I don't mind sweating if it is my intention, like when I work out. It's the unintentional sweat (walking out of the building where I work into sweltering weather and breaking into a flop sweat) that I dislike. Oh, and the workout chain is still intact.

Here's the recipe for Brenda's Bomb Breakfast Bowl:

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you have)
1 egg white
cinnamon
Optional add-ins: 1/2 chopped apple, chopped almonds, nut butter

Mix together and microwave for 3 minutes.

What have you had an epiphany about recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit. I'd love to hear back from you.