Sunday, August 11, 2013

Paper mess

So today I tackled the paper pile. I have tried to stay on top of the sorting and filing but it's just easier to toss papers/paperwork/receipts in the basket. The same holds true for the junk mail and credit card offers. I don't know about you but we get 4 to 5 credit card offers a week. I procrastinate with this paper pile because I know I need to shred any of the financial offers. It's an extra step in a task that I already dread.

The "important papers" basket has been piling up, especially since I refinanced my mortgage earlier this year. I finally did that after putting it off for a year or so. The basket also piles up after I clean up my husband's paper. He is overwhelmed with paper and just puts it in boxes or baggies and considers it dealt with. So I have to sort through his papers to determine what to keep and what to throw out. I have been given the advice to let him do it, but he can't. It's not that he won't; he simply can't, hence the boxes and baggies. The last time I tackled his area, I emptied six different little boxes, all containing receipts, payroll stubs and the like.

Today I have sorted, filed and shredded, and created a full trash bag. And it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit. I'd love to hear back from you.